KINDNESS CHALLENGE FOR KIDS: 12 Days of Kindness Activities
This 12 Days of Kindness Challenge activity is perfect for any time of year but is particularly timely for Thanksgiving in November, any December holiday, or in February for Valentine’s Day. It can be used for any grade level.
Tips and Ideas for Use:
- Use these posters on a bulletin board, classroom display, counseling office, or common area in your school.
- Each student should complete four acts of kindness in each of the three categories during 12 days, OR you can use the letters that say “KINDNESS CHALLENGE” and ask students to complete as many acts of kindness as they possibly can.
- There is a page that students can use to track their progress toward 12 acts of kindness. Each column should have four ripped-off papers from the kindness posters when the student has completed their 12 acts of kindness challenge. You may choose NOT to use this tracker if you want students to achieve more than 12 acts of kindness.
- Many of these kindness challenge activities must be completed outside of school. This is PERFECT for homework in December for the holidays or in February around Valentine’s Day. Class time can be used for discussing the acts of kindness and processing their feelings and experiences as they complete each act of kindness.
- Offer additional copies of the 12 Days of Kindness if students exceed the 12 days.
- Students should rip ONE ACT OF KINDNESS AT A TIME (one for each 12 days). There are TEN acts of kindness per category (kindness to self, kindness to others, and kindness to earth) for 30 acts of kindness.
- If students ALREADY engage in an activity or suggestion, encourage them to find something different. For example, you may have students who already use reusable water bottles every single day. They would naturally need to choose a different act of kindness in that category. The idea is to challenge themselves to do something new.
- Please note that you can CHOOSE THE TITLE for your bulletin board! Here are the choices included:
- 12 DAYS OF KINDNESS
- KINDNESS CHALLENGE
- 12 DAYS OF KINDNESS CHALLENGE
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no-prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.