Bak-to-School Activites BUNDLE with Picture Books:
The Invisible Boy, The Name Jar, and the Bucket Fillers Picture Books are included in this bundle. This book bundle is perfect for the beginning of the school year as you are establishing the classroom climate and behavior expectations for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
Check these individual links for specifics on each product:
This back-to-school BUNDLE includes:
This bucket filler product:
This product incorporates the concept of bucket filling and makes it an easy to grasp concept with 18 full-color posters (also in black and white), Bucket Filler certificates (also in black and white), and 5 bucket filler printables that require NO PREP. The full color posters are PERFECT for a back to school or behavior expectation bulletin board!
The Invisible Boy
The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig, is a sweet story about a boy who feels invisible. With the help of a new student and his own courage, he develops friendships and connections with his classmates. This back to school literature unit is Common Core aligned and includes the following concepts and activities: read aloud activity and discussion questions (also printed on task cards to create an option for a writing center or small group work), who/what/when/where/why, vocabulary (an answer key is included for the vocabulary), brainstorming on a web, various writing exercises/prompts, letter writing, an exercise in empathy, and author’s purpose.
The Name Jar
The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi – The Name Jar is an important picture book about a young girl choosing to embrace her identity. The Name Jar literature unit is common core aligned for 1st-3rd grade and includes the following activities:
- Two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- Discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- First, Next, Then, and Last
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Vocabulary Words (taken from the text in The Name Jar)
- Sequencing (with an answer key)
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact or Opinion
- New Students Should Know…
- My Name (2 pages)
- My Nicknames
- Three Truths and a Fib
- Friendly Letter to My Teacher
- My Name graphic organizer
- Create a Word Find
- Name Acrostic
- Decorate Your Name
This file contains 104 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.