This nonfiction text features BOOM CARDS ™ task cards deck is perfect for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade students. This text features product is perfect for an introduction or for a test review at the end of the school year.
This nonfiction text features deck includes many charts describing and showing text features as well as practice cards to identify different text features. Your students will not only have to identify/label text features they will also have to explain why some of them are helpful.
This deck includes the following nonfiction text features:
- bold print
- guide words
- highlighted text
- sidebar or text box
- table of contents
This nonfiction text features deck includes:
43 task cards (28 non-fiction text features instructional cards and 15 text feature practice cards).
- Task cards 1-28 help teach your students 26 different types of text features.
- Task cards 29-32 are drag and drop questions where your students will drag the names of the text features and label each text features.
- Task cards 33- 43 are multiple choice questions where your students will answer question about different text features.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 15 digital task cards + 28 instructional cards