Stick and Stone Activities for Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade:
Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry is the focus of this no-prep printable literature unit for Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade. There are opportunities for discussions about bullying, as well as perseverance and friendship. I tried to include activities that will reach Kindergarten students up to 2nd grade (most appropriate for the first half of 2nd grade).
In this Stick and Stone activities book companion, you will find the following activities:
- Discussion Questions in a list (2 pages)
- Discussion Questions on 13 task cards (4 task cards per page)
- St blends (one page + one-page answer key)
- Rhyming words (real or nonsense words)
- Sequencing (one page + one-page answer key)
- First, next, then, last writing activity
- Characters, Setting page
- Two different writing prompts (two pages per prompt)
- Retelling Sticks Activity (cut, and paste on popsicle sticks/tongue depressors – students retell the story with pictures glued on sticks)
- Letter writing
- Who, What, When, Where, and Why writing activity
- Bullying- What can students do to help others who are being bullied?
- Proper nouns and common nouns
This PDF file contains 38 pages + Google Slides™.
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
I Heart Dual Language Learners –