Welcome to Kirsten’s Kaboodle!
- I am grateful you’re here! In lieu of a long dissertation, I’ll share these highlights!
- I’ve been working in elementary education for 18 years. My experience includes:
- homeroom teaching for ESL, 1st grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade
- a school counselor for PK-6
- an ESL pullout teacher for K-6
- a Reading Recovery teacher
- I received my Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and my Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University.
- I currently spend my days creating resources that engage students in their hearts and their minds. I also volunteer regularly in my children’s school. These are my cuties:
- I don’t make my bed regularly and I floss my teeth in the car.
- I’m sensitive. Forget about reading the final chapters in Where the Red Fern Grows out loud (#sobbing). I’m the one in the corner of the room gasping for air.
- Speaking of sensitive, we have a slightly neurotic, yet undeniably adorable Goldendoodle named Bonzai. The unconditional love we get from this guy makes my heart ache a little bit.
- I wrote and published a children’s book… for real. You get a copy of my ebook, Sprinkle Your Sparkles, for FREE when you confirm your subscription to my site! If you missed the download, no worries, you’ll also have access to my product library and can find it there as well!
- I think ironing is waste of time. The dryer, on the other hand, is a life saver.
- I was a synchronized swimmer in high school. Yep, water ballet!
- I’m so happy you found me! In addition to creating content that nurtures kids in heart and mind, my hope is that I can make your life, as a teacher, easier and more enjoyable.
Do you love the layout and design of my website as much as I do? These talented women are responsible: