Summer Writing Challenge for 3rd and 4th Grade:
This “SUMMER EDITION” 30-Day Writing Challenge for 3rd and 4th graders contains a variety of engaging writing material for your students. There are 30 different writing activities (2 sheets per activity, created to be copied back-to-back and bound into a book, if you choose). For a total of 60 writing pages, you will see the following activities:
– 2 opinion essays
– 2 persuasive essays
– 2 descriptive writing activities
– 2 narrative writing activities
– 1 “how-to” essay
– 5 journal prompts
– 5 story starters
– 2 recipes activities
– 3 newspaper articles
– 1 packing list activity
– 2 book reports
– 1 biography
– 1 restaurant review
– 1 autobiography
These writing activities are purposeful, but fun. Students will find that completing all of them is challenging, but rewarding. Some teachers choose to stretch the challenge to 60 days so that students have 2 days to complete each activity. I also reward my students with a pizza lunch party if they complete the writing challenge (for the summer challenge, I plan the pizza party during the first or second week back to school).
This file contains 65 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.