Malala Yousafzai Biography Study:
This nonfiction text biography unit featuring Malala Yousafzai includes the following:
- annotation symbols for close reading (color and black-and-white)
- nonfiction reading passage (4 pages about Malala Yousafzai)
- sample annotations for the reading passage (all 4 pages)
- text-dependent questions with an answer key
- reflection questions
- character traits printable
- writing prompts
- growth mindset connections
- graphic organizers
- quotes posters (6 posters in color and black-and-white)
Other activities include writing a friendly letter and creating a newspaper article. In addition, this product can be used with ANY picture book or chapter book about Malala Yousafzai.
Some of my favorite books include:
- For the Right to Learn: Malala Yousafzai’s Story by Rebecca Langston-George
- Malala: Activist for Girls’ Education by Raphaële Frier
- Malala Yousafzai: Warrior with Words by Karen Leggett Abouraya
- Who is Malala Yousafzai? by Dinah Brown
- Dear Malala, We Stand with You by Rosemary McCarney
Though the intended grade levels are 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, this product can successfully be modified and used with other grade levels. The nonfiction reading passage is appropriate for 3rd-5th grade, so please understand that 2nd grade might struggle with the text if they are asked to read it independently. Likewise, a 6th grader may find that text to be easy.
This file contains 49 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.