The Name Jar Activities: Literature Companion for 1st-4th Grade
These activities for The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi are perfect for back to school because they helps establish a positive and inclusive classroom climate from the start. This easy-to-use literature companion is standards-aligned for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade.
The Name Jar Activities no-prep, printable activities:
- Two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- Discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- First, Next, Then, and Last for The Name Jar
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Vocabulary Words (taken from text in The Name Jar)
- Sequencing (with an answer key)
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact or Opinion
- New Students Should Know….
- My Name
- My Nicknames
- Three Truths and a Fib
- Friendly Letter to My Teacher
- My Name graphic organizer
- Create a Word Find
- Name Acrostic
- Decorate Your Name
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This PDF file includes 38 pages + Google Slides™.