The Name Jar Activities:
The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi is a perfect picture book for back to school because it helps establish a positive and inclusive classroom climate from the start. This easy to use literature companion is common core aligned for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade.
This file includes the following no prep, printable activities:
- Two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- Discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- First, Next, Then, and Last for The Name Jar
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Vocabulary Words (taken from text in The Name Jar)
- Sequencing (with an answer key)
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact or Opinion
- New Students Should Know….
- My Name (2 pages)
- My Nicknames
- Three Truths and a Fib
- Friendly Letter to My Teacher
- My Name graphic organizer
- Create a Word Find
- Name Acrostic
- Decorate Your Name
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.