Finding the Theme: These Theme Boom Cards ™ are perfect for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade.
These THEME task cards are part of a bigger BOOM CARDS™ bundle that has differentiated ways to answer to meet the varying needs of the students in your class.
Since each deck asks the student to do different things, you can use all three decks with each student if you choose. You can purchase each deck separately or all three together in a BUNDLE.
This theme deck is called ONE WORD because students will be reading a passage and then answering a multiple-choice question that has the theme stated in one word. For example: “Courage” instead of a sentence answer like “It takes courage to stand up for what you believe in”.
This theme boom cards deck includes:
51 task cards (3 theme instructional pages and 48 theme task cards.)
- Task card 4-51 have your students read a passage and then choose from a multiple-choice answer that has the theme written in one word.
- This deck is set up so that students can go back and read the passage to get the question correct. If they try to submit the wrong answer, it will take them back to the passage to read it again.
- Out of the 3 theme decks, this is the easiest, because it is just looking for the one word overall theme of the passage.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 48 digital task cards + 3 instructional slides