This ELAR BOOM CARDS ™ task cards bundle was created for 2nd and 3rd grade.
This bundle includes 5 language arts task cards products including: comparative and superlative adjectives, dictionary skills, reference materials, singular and plural nouns, and common and proper nouns.
Please see the description for each product here:
COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE ADJECTIVES:
In this comparative and superlative adjective deck you will find instructional cards that include adding endings when comparing adjectives, spelling rules, and irregular adjectives.
This comparative and superlative adjectives deck includes:
- 43 task cards (7 comparative and superlative adjectives instructional cards and 36 comparative and superlative adjective task cards.)
- Task cards 1-7 help teach your students the difference between comparative and superlative adjectives. This includes adding endings when comparing adjectives, spelling rules, and irregular adjectives.
- Task cards 8- 25 ask your students to drag and drop the corrective adjective into the sentence.
- Task cards 26- 43 are fill in the blank questions, where your students must fill in the blank with the correct form of the adjective that would belong in each sentence.
Each dictionary skill is described during the lesson and/or during card play and includes:
- guide words
- phonetic spelling
- parts of speech
Every component of dictionary skills and dictionary use are included in this product.
This dictionary skills deck includes:
- 37 task cards (7 dictionary skill instructional cards and 30 dictionary skills practice task cards)
- Task cards 1-7 help teach your students how to use each part of the dictionary and includes guide words, phonetic spelling, parts of speech, syllabication, and definitions.
- Task cards 8-31 are drag and drop questions where your students will drag and drop the word onto the dictionary that would appear on the page spread with specific guide words.
- Task cards 32-37 are fill in the blank questions where your students will type various responses about a word that they look up in the dictionary. They are asked for the syllabication, number of definitions, and parts of speech.
These reference sources task cards are perfect for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. The instructional cards and task cards cover information related to the following reference materials:
This reference sources deck includes:
- 44 task cards (8 reference material instructional cards and 36 reference material task cards)
- The first 8 instructional cards include descriptions of a thesaurus, almanac, newspaper, atlas, dictionary, and encyclopedia.
- Task cards 9-44 are multiple choice task cards where your students will choose the reference source needed to find a specific topic or need, listed in the statement.
SINGULAR AND PLURAL NOUNS:
These singular and plural noun task cards are perfect for 2nd and 3rd grade. A gradual release of responsibility is embedded in this activity, as students are first asked to choose the correct singular or plural noun (two choices), then asked to choose between four choices, and then asked to produce the correct singular or plural noun on their own and identify it as singular or plural.
This singular and plural noun deck includes:
- 48 task cards (12 singular and plural noun instructional cards and 36 singular and plural noun task cards).
- The first 12 instructional cards include the spelling rules and examples of each rule.
- Task cards 13-24 are questions where your students will tap the noun in parenthesis that belongs in the sentence (2 choices).
- Task cards 25-36 are multiple choice questions where your students will drag and drop the correct noun into the blank (4 choices).
- Task Cards 37-48 are fill in the blank where your students have to fill in the correct form and spelling of the noun and then choose whether the noun is singular or plural.
COMMON AND PROPER NOUNS:
This common and proper noun deck includes:
- 41 task cards (5 common and proper noun instructional cards and 36 common and proper noun practice cards).
- Task cards 1-5 help teach your students the difference between common and proper nouns with examples.
- Task cards 6-17 are multiple choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that has all the proper nouns capitalized.
- Task cards 18-23 are cards where your students will tap the three common nouns in the sentence.
- Task cards 24- 29 are cards where your students will tap all of the proper nouns in the sentence.
- Task cards 30-41 are multiple choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that is written correctly.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 180 Digital Task Cards + 39 Instructional Slides