Figurative Language Bell Ringer Journal for 3rd grade and Up:
Incorporate figurative language bell ringers into your daily routine using these warm-up activities! This file includes activities related to metaphors, similes, idioms, hyperbole, proverbs/adages, personification, alliteration, and onomatopoeia.
This figurative language file contains the following:
- Optional cover pages in color or black-and-white
- 38 weeks of daily figurative language bell ringer activities
- 30 reference pages (related to metaphors, similes, idioms, hyperboles, proverbs, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia)
- Answer keys (13 pages)
- A certificate of completion
You will be over the moon with this figurative language bell ringer product!
Designed for an entire year, this packet can also be used at any point in the year because of the spiraling layout (each figure of speech shows up every eight weeks and then repeats until the final 14 weeks, where all the figures of speech are combined). This layout ensures that your students walk out of your class with a firm grasp of each figurative language element.
Used as a warm-up, homework, or an early finisher activity, each figurative language activity is designed to last 3-6 minutes and is standards-aligned for 3rd-6th grade.
The layout for this figurative language bell ringer is as follows:
5- Proverbs and Adages
13- Proverbs and Adages
21- Proverbs and Adages
25- Similes and Metaphors
26- Idioms and Hyperboles
27- Proverbs and Personification
28- Alliteration and Onomatopoeia
29- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, and Hyperboles
30- Proverbs, Personification, Alliteration, and Onomatopoeia
31-38- ALL figurative language COMBINED in the final 8 weeks
Following the weekly activity pages, you will find the following:
- 30 pages of figurative language reference material to pair with the bell ringers
- 13 pages of answer keys
- 1 certificate of achievement (for distribution upon completion of the unit)
This PDF file contains 142 pages + Google Slides.