I am George Washington Activities:
This literature companion for I am George Washington was created for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade students. This is one of several literature units from Brad Meltzer’s “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am George Washington, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is definitely beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- George Washington Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am George Washington – 1 page
- All About George Washington – 1 page
- George Washington Discussion Question Task Cards and answer sheet – 3 pages
- George Washington Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Researching George Washington – 2 pages
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- George Washington Reflection Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- Fact and Opinion – 1 page
- Freedom and Flag Craftivity – 2 pages
- Answer keys where appropriate – 5 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This file contains 30 pages + Google Slides™.