I am Lucille Ball Activities:
I am Lucille Ball by Brad Meltzer – This literature companion for I am Lucille Ball has been created for 2nd-4th grade students. This is the third literature unit of ten from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Lucille Ball, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- Lucille Ball Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am Lucille Ball – 1 page
- All About Lucille Ball – 1 page
- Lucille Ball Discussion Question Task Cards & answer sheet – 3 pages
- Lucille Ball Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Fact and Opinion – 1 page
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- Let’s TELL JOKES! – 1 page
- Compare and Contrast – 1 page
- Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Lucille Ball Mad Libs Recording Sheet – 1 page
- Lucille Ball Mad Libs Story – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- Answer keys where appropriate – 5 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This file contains 33 pages + Google Slides™.
Ms JiGPie –
Krissie Wiggins –
I love these books and love the resource you have created to go with them. Thank you!
Randy Bland –
Awesome! Can’t wait to use it next week with my class! Lots of quality variety material. Thank you!
Stephanie E –
Carlene Y –
Kelly W –
This was a cute addition to my Women’s History Unit.
Kelly H –
I am actually using this with the book Who Was Lucille Ball. I had to preview the material to make sure it would correlate to our text, and it does!
Kristy Marie Y –
So helpful! Thank you!
Corey P –
I loved this unit! The mad libs for Lucy were hilarious. Thank you!
Jennifer M –