I am Harriet Tubman Activities:
This literature companion for I am Harriet Tubman by Brad Meltzer was created for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-grade students. This comes from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Harriet Tubman, but students may have to dig a little to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- Harriet Tubman Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am Harriet Tubman – 1 page
- All About Harriet Tubman – 1 page
- Harriet Tubman Discussion Question Task Cards and answer sheet – 3 pages
- Harriet Tubman – Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- Underground Railroad Freedom Quilt Activities
- Answer keys where appropriate – 4 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This PDF file contains 35 pages + Google Slides™.