I am Billie Jean King Literature Unit
I am Billie Jean King by Brad Meltzer – This literature companion for I am Billie Jean King has been created for 2nd-4th grade students. This is the 17th literature unit from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Billie Jean King, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is definitely beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- Billie Jean King Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am Billie Jean King – 1 page
- All About Billie Jean King – 1 page
- Billie Jean King Discussion Question Task Cards and answer sheet – 3 pages
- BE THE CHANGE – Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- Team Sports Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- Let’s Play Tennis! Class Activity – 3 pages
- Answer keys where appropriate – 4 pages
This file contains 24 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.