Ruth Bader Ginsburg Nonfiction Text Unit:
This nonfiction text biography unit for Ruth Bader Ginsburg goes perfectly with the new book, I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy and includes various printable activities, graphic organizers, report templates, writing prompts, reflection pages, nonfiction text, as well as posters with Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes.
There is a 10-page (half-sheet) mini-book comprised of nonfiction information, interesting facts, and reflection questions (please see preview) that is perfect for students to make and read on their own or in literacy stations with a small group. It’s also a great reference or research tool for them as they gather information about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Other activities include growth mindset connections, writing a friendly letter, and creating a newspaper article. In addition, this product can be used with ANY picture book or chapter book about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Some of my favorite books include:
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs Inequality by Jonah Winter
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Superwomen Role Models) by Heather Moore Niver
Though the intended grade levels are 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, this product can successfully be modified and used with other grade levels. The biography mini-book reading level is between 3rd-5th grade, so please understand that 2nd grade might struggle with the text if they are asked to read it independently. Likewise, a 6th grader may find that text to be easy.
This file contains 36 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.