Women’s History Month Activities Using Brad Meltzer’s I AM Biography Series:
Brad Meltzer has created an incredible series of “I am” biography books for young people. This bundled product includes 14 individual literature companions for his series titled Ordinary People Change the World.
These literature companions are the perfect way to provide literature skills, practice research, and teach growth mindset all in one day. By using this Women’s History Month Research Activities bundle, your students can learn about influential women and complete research activities in a fun and engaging way.
Due to the importance of the messages embedded in these stories, I’ve created these activities for 2nd-4th graders (as opposed to early primary grades).
Why do you need these books to enhance classroom activities for Women’s History Month?
These “I am” biography books provide a fabulous segue for discussing how ordinary people change the world.
With a growth mindset component in each product, your students can also discuss how these influential people exhibited a growth mindset. In addition, these books also provide a perfect platform for reviewing grade-level language arts skills.
Please click on the individual products below to see a detailed list of what is included in each unit.
Each Women’s History Month Research Activities product does contain a biographical sketch, comprehension questions, skills practice pages, writing prompts, and an additional (and unique) fun activity or craft that coincides with the book.
In this Brad Meltzer literature companion women’s history bundle, you will find the following:
- I AM HELEN KELLER BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM LUCILLE BALL BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM AMELIA EARHART BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ROSA PARKS BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM JANE GOODALL BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM SACAGAWEA BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM HARRIET TUBMAN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM SONIA SOTOMAYOR BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM BILLIE JEAN KING
- I AM MARIE CURIE
- I AM ANNE FRANK
- I AM FRIDA KAHLO BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM OPRAH WINFREY BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM MALALA YOUSAFZAI BY BRAD MELTZER
Here is a list of the other Literature Units available in the “I AM” biography series by Brad Meltzer!
- I AM JACKIE ROBINSON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ABRAHAM LINCOLN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM GEORGE WASHINGTON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM JIM HENSON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM GANDHI BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM NEIL ARMSTRONG BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM WALT DISNEY
- I AM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM LEONARDO DA VINCI BY BRAD MELTZER
Many of these books brought tears to my eyes on one page and had me laughing on the next page. These book companions are perfect for Women’s History Month Research Activities.
If you are debating about purchasing this set of books for your classroom, I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed. They quickly found a front-row spot in my classroom (my children adore them as well)!
This bundled file includes over 200 pages + Google Slides.