The Girl Who Never Makes Mistakes Activities:
Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Mark Pett and Gary Rubinstein is a perfect picture book for teachers who want to provide fun instruction on the role of failure and/or making mistakes in growth mindset and fixed mindset perspectives.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created with 2nd-6th graders in mind (2nd graders may need extra support with some of the activities).
You will find the following activities in this literature unit for The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes:
- Discussion questions in 1/2 sheet task card form as well as list form (13 questions over 2 pages)
- Discussion questions answer sheet
- Compare and Contrast
- Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset (using mistakes as a framework)
- Too Much Pressure (students reflect on pressure they might feel)
- What Can You Learn From Mistakes?
- Got Mistakes? (brainstorming different types of mistakes students have made)
- Perseverance (a look at famous people who have failed and/or made multiple mistakes along the way)
- A Week of Purposeful Mistakes…
- When You Feel Worried (steps for helping)
- 5 full-color posters with quotes about mistakes
- 5 corresponding black and white quotes posters
PLEASE NOTE: Since the questions and activities are opinion and experience based, there are NO answer keys.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.