The Dot by Peter Reynolds Activities:
Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds is a perfect picture book for teachers who want to provide fun instruction on the role of taking risks in growth mindset and fixed mindset perspectives.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created with 2nd-6th graders in mind.
You will find the following activities in this literature unit for Beautiful Oops:
- Teacher Tips
- The Dot Discussion Task Cards
- The Dot Questions List
- Sample Answers (for the discussion questions)
- Daring Dots (things you would do if you didn’t have fear)
- Make a Mark (create an image in a swirly frame)
- Growth Mindset: The Dot (writing activity related to growth mindset)
- What’s the Dot? (draw an image around dots)
- What Is It? (draw images and incorporate preprinted doodles)
- What Can You Make? (draw a picture using at least 10 dots)
- Three journal prompts (with optional back side)
- Three quotes posters in full color and black-and-white
- Additional Activities
This file contains 33 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.