I am Jackie Robinson Activities:
I am Jackie Robinson Activities: This literature companion for I am Jackie Robinson by Brad Meltzer was created for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade students. This book comes from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Jackie Robinson, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- Jackie Robinson Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am Jackie Robinson – 1 page
- All About Jackie Robinson – 1 page
- Jackie Robinson Discussion Question Task Cards & answer sheet – 3 pages
- Jackie Robinson Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Cause and Effect – 1 page
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- Timeline Sequencing – 1 page
- Compare and Contrast – 1 page
- The History of Baseball – 1 page
- Writing Prompt – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- Answer keys where appropriate – 7 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This PDF file contains 34 pages + Google Slides™.