These journal prompts BUNDLE for 4th grade and up include a coloring doodle border which adds a mindfulness component to each quick write prompt. This file includes 200 journal prompts.
Each creative writing prompt appears on a half sheet of paper as well as on full color and black and white cards.
You will also find a quick lesson on mindful coloring.
THIS FILE CONTAINS THE BUNDLE THAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:
- Quick Writes Journal Prompts for Upper Elem. and Middle School VOLUME ONE
- Quick Writes Journal Prompts for Upper Elem. and Middle School VOLUME TWO
Please make note of the following:
- Each prompt allows you to include a mindful coloring component. The border included with these daily quick write journal prompts can be colored before the student answers the prompt (sometimes this gives students time to reflect on what they’d like to write) or after they’ve finished writing.
- This activity can be used for students as an early finisher activity, a daily journal, for morning meetings, lessons on building community (and empathy), or for mindfulness practice. Please see the instructions for teaching students about mindfulness that are included in this file. If you are interested in additional mindfulness and meditation exercises, click HERE.
- In addition to the written response pages, I’ve included prompt cards in full color and in black-and-white. These are useful if you choose to discuss the prompts as a class or in small groups. You can also place the cards in a special location and allow students to choose one they’d like to write about on a separate piece of paper.
- Please remember that some students may not feel comfortable answering or sharing responses. It is important to respect their privacy without pressuring them to share. Either allow them to keep their response(s) private or to choose a different prompt. Forcing the issue will erode their trust in you. Let them know that they are free to share in the future, if they choose.
- It’s okay to take these cards home to share with your family, your own children, your spouse or significant other, or your friends. In addition to providing individual reflection, they are designed to help people get to know each other beyond the surface, develop empathy, and dive deeper in their relationships. I truly believe that when you REALLY get to know your students, they achieve great things!
Please let me know if you have any questions prior to purchasing this product!
This file contains 216 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.