This sentence structure BOOM CARDS ™ task cards file is perfect for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. It includes simple, compound, and complex sentence anchor charts and task cards.
PLEASE NOTE: These instructional pages and task cards extend beyond 2nd grade common core, but could be a solid introduction to sentence types for second grade students.
This simple, compound and complex boom cards deck includes:
45 task cards (9 anchor charts with explanations and examples of simple sentences, complex sentences, compound sentences, independent clauses and dependent clauses as well as 36 task cards to practice identifying each type of sentence structure).
- Task cards 1-9 are instructional pages with explanations and examples of simple, complex and compound sentences.
- Task cards 10-27 are multiple-choice where your students choose whether the sentence is a simple, complex, or compound sentence.
- Task cards 28-33 are multiple-choice where your students choose the coordinating conjunction in the sentence.
- Task cards 34-39 are multiple-choice where your students choose the subordinating conjunction in the sentence.
- Task cards 40-42 are multiple choice where your students identify the dependent clause in the sentence.
- Task cards 43-45 are multiple choice where your students identify the independent clause in the sentence.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 36 digital task cards + 9 instructional cards