This comma BOOM CARDS™ task cards and activities file is perfect for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
This commas rules deck includes everything you need to teach your students about every comma rule out there! There are 11 different comma rules that are covered in this deck.
There are definitions and examples in this deck for the following:
- commas in numbers
- commas to separate words or phrases in sentences
- commas between cities and states
- commas before quotation marks
- commas inside quotation marks
- commas in dates
- commas in introductory phrases
- commas before coordinating conjunctions
- comma use with a dependent clause
- commas after the first word
- commas for interruptions
- commas to separate adjectives
- commas in a series or list
This comma boom cards deck includes:
49 task cards (13 comma rules instructional cards and 36 comma rules practice cards.)
- Task cards 1-13 help teach your students 11 different types of comma rules (these are listed above).
- Task cards 14-25 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose whether the placement of the comma is correct or incorrect.
- Task cards 26-37 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that has the placement of the comma written correctly.
- Task cards 38- 49 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that has a comma mistake.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 36 digital task cards + 13 instructional slides