This english language arts BOOM CARDS ™ task cards bundle was created for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
This bundle includes 5 language arts task cards products including: context clues, genres of literature, homophones, cause and effect, and shades of meaning.
Please see the description for each product here:
This context clues deck includes:
- 43 task cards (9 context clues instructional pages and 34 context clues task card activities.)
- Task cards 1-9 help teach your students how to use different types of context clues to figure out the meaning of a word in a paragraph.
- Task cards 10- 43 are multiple-choice questions where your students will use context clues to figure out the meaning of the underlined word and then choose a synonym for that word.
GENRES OF LITERATURE:
These Genres of Literature Task Cards and Instructional Anchor Charts are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th Grade and include the following genres of literature:
- narrative non-fiction
- expository non-fiction
- fairy tales
- folk tales
- science fiction
- historical fiction
- fables, poetry
- tall tales
- realistic fiction
This genres of literature deck includes:
- 52 task cards (16 genres of literature instructional cards and 36 genres practice cards.)
- Task cards 1-16 help teach your students the different genres.
- Task cards 17-28 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose the correct genre when given a description of a book or story.
- Task cards 29-40 are multiple-choice questions where your students have been given a writing assignment with specific directions. Based on the directions, your students will have to choose the correct genre of their story.
- Task cards 41- 52 are multiple-choice questions where your students are given an assignment to write a specific genre. They must choose what their title “could be” from the multiple-choice options.
This homophone deck includes many homophone examples and task cards. It provides some of the common homophones used in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade. It also has the definitions to help your students understand the difference between each set of homophones.
This homophone deck includes:
- 48 task cards (12 homophone instructional cards and 36 homophone task cards).
- Task cards 1-12 are instructional cards with the definition of homophones as well as a list of commonly used homophones in 3rd- 6th grade.
- Task cards 13-24 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that uses the homophone incorrectly.
- Task cards 25-36 have your students choose the homophone that completes the sentence correctly.
- Task cards 37-48 have your students tap the homophone in the sentence that is spelled incorrectly.
The assumption is that students have been introduced to homophones in the primary grades prior to their introduction to this product. Lower level homophones lists and task cards are available in my store if you need them.
CAUSE AND EFFECT:
These cause and effect activities with anchor charts and task cards are common core aligned for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
These task cards require students to identify causes and effects in various sentences.
This cause and effect deck includes:
- 43 task cards (7 cause and effect instructional pages and 36 cause and effect task cards.)
- Task cards 1-7 help teach your students the difference between causes and effects and a simple trick to help identify the cause in sentences.
- Task cards 8- 16 ask your students to tap the cause in each sentence.
- Task cards 17- 25 ask your students to tap the effect in each sentence.
- Task cards 26- 34 are multiple-choice questions that ask your students to choose a possible cause for the effect that is listed.
- Task cards 35- 43 are multiple-choice questions that ask your students to choose a possible effect for the cause that is listed.
SHADES OF MEANING:
These shades of meaning task cards are Common Core aligned for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. Students review synonyms and words that have similar meanings. They are required to choose strong words (show more intensity), best words (fits the intensity of the scenarios) and order synonyms based on their intensity. These task cards help students learn what words should be used in certain scenarios to help show the intensity of a situation.
This shades of meaning deck includes:
- 42 task cards (5 shades of meaning instructional cards and 36 shades of meaning practice cards)
- Task cards 1-5 help review the parts of the different shades of meaning and give examples to help your students determine the intensity of the situation.
- Task cards 7-24 students drag and drop the strongest word into the statement.
- Task cards 25-33 students drag and drop the best word into the statement based on the intensity of the scenario.
- Task cards 34- 42 students tap the answer choice that has the w
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 178 Digital Task Cards + 49 Instructional Slides