This homophones BOOM CARDS ™ task cards file was created for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students.
This homophone deck includes many homophone examples and task cards. It provides some of the common homophones used in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade. It also has the definitions to help your students understand the difference between each set of homophones.
This homophones boom cards deck includes:
48 task cards (12 homophone instructional cards and 36 homophone task cards).
The assumption is that students have been introduced to homophones in the primary grades prior to their introduction to this product. Lower level homophones lists and task cards are available in my store if you need them.
- Task cards 1-12 are instructional cards with the definition of homophones as well as a list of commonly used homophones in 3rd- 6th grade.
- Task cards 13-24 are multiple-choice questions where your students will choose the sentence that uses the homophone incorrectly.
- Task cards 25-36 have your students choose the homophone that completes the sentence correctly.
- Task cards 37-48 have your students tap the homophone in the sentence that is spelled incorrectly.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 36 digital task cards + 12 instructional cards