Halloween Writing Activity: Roll a Story Using Dice
Looking for creative writing activities for Halloween that are engaging and fun?
This Halloween ROLL-A-STORY activity is a perfect way for you to engage students in a fun writing activity for Halloween!
Storytelling with dice is a great way to increase student engagement while reinforcing writing skills.
This roll-a-story activity is perfect for literacy stations, as an early finisher activity, or as a creative writing assignment.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE DICE TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
This file includes the following:
- instructions for students
- planning pages using characters, setting, time, plot, and problem
- planning pages using characters, setting, time, plot, first, next, then, and last
- planning pages using characters, setting, time, plot, beginning, middle, and end
- story writing paper for younger grades
- story writing paper for upper grades
- parts of a story posters on half-sheets in full-color and black-and-white (includes characters, setting, problem, solution, plot, and theme)
- 24 options for characters
- 18 options for setting
- 12 options for time (when the story takes place)
- 18 options for plot
This Halloween writing activity does NOT include a digital option!
This product is most appropriate for 2nd-4th grade.
This file includes 36 pages.