Mindfulness and Meditation Activities for Kids:
This mindfulness and meditation activities file has been updated to include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides. Some slides are included for parents to print from home and others are there with text boxes for students to reflect on the exercises.
Do you need guided mediation scripts, mindfulness activities, or coloring pages to help your students practice mindfulness and meditation?
These mindfulness activities can be use for brain breaks, self regulation, or as a part of your social emotional instruction. Better yet, it can be used with ANY picture book on meditation and mindfulness for children.
This mindfulness and meditation product includes the following:
- 4 mindfulness and mediation posters (available in full color and black-and-white)
- print and go worksheets for student reflection
- 5 mindfulness scripts to use for student practice (some hands-on activities included)
- 4 meditation scripts (with corresponding worksheets where applicable)
- reflection pages (connections to the real world)
This product can be used effectively with any of the following picture books (any book related to mindfulness or meditation will work):
- I am Peace: A Book of Mindfulness by Susan Verde
- My Magic Breath: Finding Calm Through Mindful Breathing by Nick Ortner
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation by Kerry Lee MacLean
- Moody Cow Meditates by Kerry Lee MacLean
- Meditation is an Open Sky by Whitney Stewart
- Puppy Mind by Andrew Jordan Nance
- Sitting Still Like a Frog by Eline Snel
- A Handful of Quiet: Happiness in Four Pebbles by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Master of Mindfulness by Laurie Grossman, Angelina Alvarez, and Mr. Musumieci’s 5th Grade Class
- What Does It Mean To Be Present? by Rana DiOrio
Conceptually, this product is appropriate for ALL GRADE LEVELS! If you teach primary grades, some of the language in the scripts may need to be adjusted or explained. Each activity can be used successfully with all grade levels.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/26/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This product contains 48 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.