Newspaper Templates | Newspaper Writing Activity with Digital Distance Learning
Newspaper Article Templates are easy, no prep worksheets that can be used for ANY subject area, writing assignment, or information gathering activity in your classroom. This newspaper templates product is so versatile that you can use it all year long in multiple subject areas!
NOTE: Prior to 3/28/20, students were not able to edit these templates on the computer. DOWNLOAD this file again for the digital distance learning option through Google Slides.
Newspaper templates can be used for any of the following: book reports, All About Me, science or social studies reports, expository writing, assessments of learning, or fun facts activities.
Some ideas include:
- book reports
- an All About Me Unit
- science or social studies reports
- expository writing
- assessments of learning
- reflection activities
- fun facts activities
There are 13 templates with the name of a newspaper printed on the front (The Chatty Commentator, The Social Studies Star, Book Report Times, The Babbling Bulletin, etc.). These are followed by 13 templates with varying borders, layouts, and phrases on the front (students create their own newspaper name).
Each of the 26 templates is followed by the back side with a matching border.
Each template includes doodle clip art for illustrations, images, or photos. Of course, an obvious option is for students to illustrate their own pictures on the printed pages. Other options might include printing pictures from the internet, drawing diagrams, or creating tables of information. In the Google Slides options, students right click on the empty square and replace it with an image.
These newspaper templates can be used for 2nd-12th grade, homeschooling, or camp/activities outside of school.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL OPTION!
As of 3/28/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These journal prompts can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 63 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.