This verbs BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE includes three product files: Verb Tenses Task Cards, Irregular Verbs Task Cards, and Helping, Action, and Linking Verb Task Cards. This bundled file is perfect for 2nd-5th grade.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE NOT PRINTABLE PDF FILES. THIS BUNDLE IS ENTIRELY DIGITAL ON THE BOOM LEARNING PLATFORM!
Please take a look at the following descriptions for each product below.
VERB TENSES TASK CARDS:
This verb tense deck includes anchor charts and task cards. It provides anchor charts with explanations of past tense verbs, present tense verbs, and future tense verbs for 2nd-4th grade.
This verb tenses deck includes:
- 47 task cards (11 anchor charts and examples of past tense verbs, present tense verbs, and future tense verbs and 36 verb tenses task cards).
- Task cards 1-11 are instructional pages with examples of verb tenses (including past tense, present tense, and future tense).
- Task cards 12-47 are fill in the blank, where your students will type the verb or verb phrase used in the sentence and then they have to choose whether the sentence is written in past tense, present tense, or future tense.
IRREGULAR VERBS TASK CARDS:
This irregular verb tenses deck includes:
- 40 task cards (4 verb tense instructional pages and examples and 36 irregular verb tenses task cards.
- Task cards 1-4 are instructional pages with examples of verb tenses (including regular and irregular verb tenses.)
- Task cards 5-40 are fill in the blank, where your students will type the irregular verb that completes the statement.
HELPING, ACTION, AND LINKING VERBS TASK CARDS:
This helping, action and linking verbs deck includes:
- 45 task cards (9 anchor charts with explanations and examples of helping verbs, linking verbs, and action verbs and 36 helping, action, and linking verbs task cards.
- Task cards 1-9 are instructional pages with explanations and examples of helping verbs, linking verbs, and action verbs.
- Task cards 10-21 are multiple-choice where your students choose whether the underlined word in a sentence is a helping verb, action verb, linking verb, or not a verb at all.
- Task Cards 22-27 are multiple-choice where your students choose which sentence contains an action verb.
- Task Cards 28-33 are multiple-choice where your students choose which sentence contains a helping verb.
- Task Cards 34-39 are multiple-choice where your students choose which sentence contains a linking verb.
- Task Cards 40-45 are drag and drop where your students choose the correct verb phrase that fills in a sentence.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a membership. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our Essential membership. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
This file includes 108 Digital Task Cards + 24 Instructional Slides