Latin and Greek Stems and Roots Weekly Lists Unit One and Two BUNDLE:
This Latin and Greek stems and roots UNIT ONE AND UNIT TWO bundle is designed with weekly lists (10 words on each list for eight weeks), a mid-week matching quiz, as well as an end of week test (which is progressive and includes stems from prior weeks). The test at the end of each week has 20-word parts (except the first week only has 10 because there isn’t an established pool to pull additional parts yet). For the ninth week, there is a final test with all 80-word stems/roots.
Since each week builds on the previous week, the retention of information remains high. As an added activity, my own students keep a ring with flashcards on them in their desks/backpacks and will add ten new stems each week, so that they can study ALL the stems each week, not just the new ones for that week.
This file is the FIRST UNIT AND THE SECOND UNIT. This product contains two PDF files. Each Unit has 8 weeks of new words with an additional week to review and test.
This file includes the layout and structure for 18 weeks of Latin and Greek stems and roots.
Please take a look at the individual files here:
Why should students learn to use Latin and Greek stems and roots?
- It is part of the COMMON CORE CURRICULUM
- Latin makes unknown English words more accessible
- Children who have studied Latin score higher on standardized tests including SAT, ACT, M-CAT
- It gives children a set of terms to help them unlock unknown words by using word parts
- Studying common Latin stems helps children with math and science vocabulary
This file contains 106 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.