Latin and Greek Stems and Roots Weekly Lists Unit One and Two BUNDLE with Digital Distance Learning Option:
This Digital Distance Learning Latin and Greek roots and stems UNIT ONE AND UNIT TWO BUNDLE is perfect for teachers who want their students to learn common Greek and Latin roots. Each unit includes:
- weekly lists (10 words on each list for eight weeks)
- a mid-week matching quiz
- an end-of-week test (which is progressive and includes stems from prior weeks)
NOTE: The test at the end of each week includes 20 roots (except the first week only has ten because there isn’t an established pool to pull additional parts yet). For the ninth week, there is a final test with all 80 roots.
Since each week builds on the previous week, the retention of information remains high. As an added activity, my students keep a ring with flashcards on them in their desks/backpacks and will add ten new stems each week so that they can study ALL the stems each week, not just the new ones for that week.
Please take a look at the individual files here:
Why should students learn to use Latin and Greek stems and roots?
- It is part of the curriculum for vocabulary
- Latin makes unknown English words more accessible
- Children who have studied Latin score higher on standardized tests, including SAT, ACT, M-CAT
- It gives children a set of terms to help them unlock unknown words by using word parts
- Studying common Latin stems helps children with math and science vocabulary
NOTE: THESE FILES INCLUDE A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
These products include a digital option in Google Slides™ (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of each packet.
This PDF file contains 120 pages + Google Slides™.