Latin and Greek Roots Lists, Quizzes, and Tests:
This Greek and Latin root words activity includes weekly lists (10 words on each list for eight weeks), mid-week matching quizzes, as well as end-of-week tests (which are progressive and include stems from prior weeks).
The test at the end of each week has 20 questions (except the first week only has 10 because there isn’t an established pool to pull additional parts yet). For the ninth week, there is a final test with all 80 Latin and Greek Stems and Roots.
Since each week builds on the previous week, the retention of information remains high. My students will keep a ring with the stems and roots flashcards on them in their desks/backpacks and will add ten new stems each week, so that they can study ALL the stems each week, not just the new ones for that week.
Why should students learn to use Latin and Greek stems and roots?
- It is part of the COMMON CORE CURRICULUM
- Latin makes unknown English words more accessible
- Children who have studied Latin score higher on standardized tests including SAT, ACT, M-CAT
- It gives children a set of terms to help them unlock unknown words by using word parts
- Studying common Latin stems helps children with math and science vocabulary
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet from pages 53-61.
This PDF file contains 59 pages + Google Slides™.