Jabari Jumps Activities:
This growth mindset literature unit and activities for Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall is perfect for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. This picture book works perfectly in conjunction with any growth mindset curriculum.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although comprehension questions are included in list form and task card form).
This file includes the following:
- Six vocabulary cards
- 14 discussion question task cards and optional answer sheets
- When I feel nervous… brainstorm
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- Newspaper Template
- The Power of Yet
- Idioms anchor chart and printable
- Similes and Metaphors anchor chart and printable
- Making Inferences anchor charts
- Making Inferences printable and answer key
You will also find several pages of information and anchor charts related to figurative language (idioms, similes, and metaphors).
These activities are perfect for teachers or counselors helping students develop a growth mindset and understand that it’s normal to have fears and anxieties.
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This PDF file contains 40 pages + Google Slides™.