Maybe by Kobi Yamada Activities:
Maybe by Kobi Yamada Activities: This is a new picture book by the same author as What Do You Do with a Chance, What Do You Do with an Idea, and What Do You Do with a Problem? This file includes activities for this beautiful new picture book!
This growth mindset literature unit for Maybe by Kobi Yamada was created for 2nd-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with What Do You Do With an Idea?, What Do You Do With a Chance?, and What Do You Do With a Problem?.
The Maybe by Kobi Yamada activities in this literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are vocabulary words included).
This file includes the following:
- 12 discussion questions in list and task card formats.
- an answer sheet for the discussion questions
- a rainbow craft (print the strips on colored paper and choose the rainbow in black and white or full-color)
- vocabulary matching page (and answer key)
- “What do you have to offer?” worksheet
- “Maybe, Just Maybe”…. worksheet
- Figurative language practice: Idioms (with answer key)
- 3 pennant banners to create a bulletin board (students can choose which one they’d like to fill out)
- writing activity (choose someone who has changed the world)
- growth mindset connections
- Journal Entry: I am an inventor…
- two coloring pages with quotes
- four quotes posters (smaller versions also included)
- instructions and link for Google Slides
My hope is that this product will help your students understand their worth in the world. These activities are also perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset.
Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
This file contains 38 pages + Google Slides.