Tarra and Bella: The Elephant and Dog Who Became Best Friends Activities:
Tarra and Bella: The Elephant and Dog Who Became Best Friends, by Carol Buckley is a narrative non-fiction picture book. This literature unit is common core aligned for 1st-3rd grade.
This is a true story about an elephant held in captivity for human entertainment. She winds up being transferred to an Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee to live out the rest of her days. An unlikely companion who lives on the sanctuary grounds shows Tarra what true friendship is all about. What a sweet, sweet story!
This packet includes activities in the following areas:
- character, setting, plot
- opinion writing
- parts of speech
- making inferences
- writing a newspaper article about unlikely friendship
Answer Keys are included where deemed necessary.
This file contains 35 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.