Owen and Mzee Activities:
Owen and Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship by Isabella Hatkoff, Craig Hatkoff, and Dr. Paula Kahumbu is a sweet narrative nonfiction story about an unlikely friendship between a tortoise and a hippo. This literature unit has been created for 2nd to 4th grade (2nd graders may need extra support with cause and effect and a few other skills).
The Owen and Mzee literature unit flip book includes:
- compare and contrast
- ABC order
- cause and effect
- first, next, then, and last
Following the flip book pages, you will find no prep printables for:
- who, what, when, where, why, how?
- writing a friendly letter
- researching tortoises and hippos
- comprehension questions
- a writing prompt
- answer keys for pages that need them
This file contains 28 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.