Your Fantastic Elastic Brain Book Activities for 1st and 2nd Grade:
Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? Your Fantastic Elastic Brain by JoAnn Deak is a perfect segue for teaching your students about the power of growth mindset.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but due to buyer requests, this literature unit was created for 1st-2nd graders in mind.
Infused with reflections, challenges (including a STEM challenge for creating slingshots using rubber bands), a mini-book about the brain, and opportunities to learn about growth mindset, your students will surely learn and have a great deal of fun!
Your Fantastic Elastic Brain Book Activities Included:
- Brainstorming ways to use elastics
- Comparing and contrasting using a Venn diagram
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- A rubber band challenge
- Coloring parts of the Brain
- Fantastic Elastic Brain bookmarks (in full color and black and white)
- My Brain Mini-book
- Slingshot STEM challenge
- Growth Mindset Posters (5 posters in full color and in black and white)
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This PDF file includes 37 pages + Google Slides.