Context Clues Activities for 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade BUNDLE:
This Context Clues BUNDLE is a zipped file which contains three individual PDF files – Context Clues Task Cards for 3rd-5th grade, Printables for 3rd-5th grade, and Reading Passages for 3rd-5th grade. The individual listings can be found here:
Context Clues Task Cards:
These task cards are aligned to the Common Core for 3rd to 5th grade. This product includes 34 context clues task cards that require students to use context to extract meaning, as well as identify the words or phrases that helped them to understand the meaning of an unknown word (using context clues in text). These context clues task cards can be used in stations, small groups, centers, or for early finishers and includes the answer sheets as well as the answer keys.
The following vocabulary words are used in this product:
exhilarated, flourish, conceal, variety, precisely, eerie, deceitful, antiquated, preserved, decrepit, clenched, improbable, glistened, mimicked, obvious, fragile, commenced, remarkable, withstand, exposed, installed, declared, anxious, gloated, pact, pathetic, suspicious, reluctant, participate, surge, lurk, stunned, glared, trudged
Context Clues Printables:
These worksheets offer print and go, common core aligned, context clues activities for 3rd-5th grade. This product includes four instructional pages, 4 pages of multiple choice questions, 4 pages of fill in the blank pages, and 2 pages of stories followed by printables that ask students to define underlined words (and also look them up in the dictionary to check for accuracy). ALL sheets do have a corresponding Answer Key as well.
This context clues product includes the following vocabulary words:
discard, encompass, vigilant, hesitant, irrational, portable, rejects, resolve, alternate, contribute, predict, condone, integrate, document, approximately, coordinate, correspond, alternative, rely, interact, considerable, confer, dimensions, discontinue, clarify, fraud, tentative, sincere, persistent, preserve, monotonous, remorseful, fragrant, overwhelmed, discontinue, significant, maximize, exclude, compensate, convene, self-sufficient, obligated, lucrative, collision, appalled, nurture, distraught, authority, conceal, laceration, grotesque, defeated, baffled, consequence, bewildered, gouge, hesitation, anxious, integrating, feat, capable, fumbled, desperate, conquer, morphed, and officially
Context Clues Reading Passages:
These reading passages offer print and go, common core aligned, context clues activities for 3rd-5th grade. This product includes four instructional pages, 3 different (full page) reading passages with three pages of printable worksheets for each passage. ALL sheets do have a corresponding Answer Key as well. Note: Dictionaries are optional as well so that students can check the accuracy of their work to determine if they were successful in using context clues.
This context clues product includes these vocabulary words:
nuances, subtle, arduous, complicates, acquisition, nonsensical, belongings, laborious, exhilarating, incorporate, ensure, trembled, exhausted, attempted, inhale, prevented, anticipation, precision, lyrics, desperation, valiant, defective, escaped, jolted, beamed, remarkable, issued, accumulations, excessive, behoove, accessible, profound, collapse, structural, traipse, massive, secure, locate, effective, havoc, solely, and discretion
If you teach in a multi-level classroom, have students with a very wide range of needs, or are meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or students acquiring English, the MULTI-LEVEL MEGA BUNDLE for Context Clues might be right for you. You can check it out here:
Searching for context clues activities geared for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 2nd-4th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 3rd-5th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 3rd-5th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 4th-6th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 4th-6th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
This file contains 86 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.