Figurative Language Activities and Task Cards BUNDLE:
This Figurative Language BUNDLE is created for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, and includes EIGHT PDF figurative language products. The figures of speech covered in this mega bundle include hyperboles, similes and metaphors, idioms, proverbs and adages, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia, and puns.
These are the links to the individual products:
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #1: HYPERBOLES
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #2: SIMILES AND METAPHORS
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #3: IDIOMS
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #4: PROVERBS AND ADAGES
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #5: PERSONIFICATION
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #6: ALLITERATION
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #7: ONOMATOPOEIA
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #8: PUNS
Descriptions of each product are as follows:
These hyperbole activities are common core aligned for 3rd-6th grade. This activity pack includes 4 instructional pages and examples, 36 task cards (students identify hyperbole on 12 cards, finish hyperbole sentences on 12 cards, and create 12 hyperboles from regular sentences), three activity pages, answer sheets, and answer keys where appropriate. Note: Many answers will vary because students are creating their own hyperboles.
SIMILES AND METAPHORS:
Simile and Metaphor Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th grade. Included in the packet are 4 instructional sheets, 36 task cards with varying student requirements, a task card answer sheet, task card answer key, as well as three printable sheets (answers on the printables will vary).
Idioms Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th grade and includes 2 instructional pages, 5 full pages of common idioms and their meanings (67 idioms included), 36 task cards with three distinct question types, an answer sheet, a task card answer key, and three printable activity pages (one is a whole class game).
PROVERBS AND ADAGES:
Proverb and Adage Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd to 6th grade. This figurative language product includes 2 instructional pages, 7 pages of common proverbs and adages (42 common proverbs/adages), task card answer sheet, task card answer key, and 3 activity sheets. Please note that as per the common core standards, this packet does NOT focus on the difference between proverbs and adages, but instead on the contextual meaning of proverbs and adages.
Personification Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th grade. Product includes 3 instructional pages, a word list (2 pages with over 150 words) for common human traits and actions that can be used to personify writing, 36 task cards with a variety of questions, a task card answers sheet (2 pages), a task card answer key (2 pages), and 4 pages of activities.
Alliteration Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th grade. Included in the packet are 2 instructional sheets, 20 task cards with varying student requirements, a task card answer sheet, an alliteration acrostic poetry exercise, a tongue twister partner activity, a class book template for an alliteration picture book, alliterative number poetry, as well as alliteration in common phrases.
158 pages total (includes cover sheets and appreciation sheets for each product).
Onomatopoeia Task Cards and Activities are Common Core aligned for 3rd-6th grade and include an instructional page along with 90 common onomatopoeia words, 24 task cards with three distinct question types, an answer sheet, a task card answer key, and five idioms printable activity pages.
Puns Fun pages are engaging figurative language, wordplay activities for 3rd to 6th grade. This puns wordplay product includes 2 instructional pages, 30 task cards (two per page), task card answer sheets, task card answer keys, and 4 puns activity sheets.
ALL PAGES COMBINED: 280 PAGES
My newest figurative language product is for use as a daily warm-up, early finisher, or homework activity (designed to be 4-6 minutes each day including correcting and/or discussion time). Check it out here:
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.