What Do You Do With a Chance Activities:
This What Do You Do With a Chance? activities file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
This growth mindset literature unit for What Do You Do With a Chance? by Kobi Yamada was created for 1st-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with What Do You Do With an Idea? and What Do You Do With a Problem?.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are vocabulary words and comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
In addition to 10 vocabulary cards, 14 discussion question task cards, and various worksheets, you will also find a variety of tasks where students can reflect on taking risks. Taking chances (risks) is a necessary component of growth mindset instruction. Please check out the preview for What Do You Do With a Chance prior to purchasing.
My hope is that this product will help your students understand the benefits of taking risks. They will also learn that making a mistake is an amazing opportunity to learn something new. These activities are perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset and understand that it’s okay to take risks, or chances, even if there is a possibility of failure. Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 8/20/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 37 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.